Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A day for giving thanks....

As most of our City and the rest of the Country prepare to celebrate Thanksgiving, I like many others, wanted to take a brief moment to publicly state some things that I personally am thankful for. These include the following:

1) I am thankful for the many sacrifices of others: In particular, it is appropriate we give thanks and remember Scott Nagorski, the serviceman who made the ultimate sacrifice and gave his life (and the reason why flags were lowered to 1/2 staff today) while serving our Country during Operation Enduring Freedom. To him and all of those who have served and continue to serve in our Military and sacrifice time away from their families during the holiday season, I extend my thanks.

2) I am thankful for our City Employees who work the holidays: While I am grateful for all of the hard working dedicated employees we have that keep our City running, most offices are closed during the holiday weekend. That being said certain City operations must continue, particularly in our Department of Public Works and Public Safety Departments where staff must work the holiday to keep the City running. I am grateful for the sacrifices those folks make to keep our City safe and operating, knowing that many sacrifice some time with family or other scheduled traditions to keep the City safe and operational.

3) I am forever thankful for a healthy and ever-supportive family.

4) I am thankful to have a job, one that I very much enjoy, and one that provides for my family.

5) I am thankful to live in in Milton, where caring and concerned people make the City the great place that it is to live, go to school or work.

I personally hope that each and everyone of you who follows the City and its happenings on this blog have the opportunity to share that which you are thankful for with your family and friends this holiday, and that you all enjoy a very safe, happy and healthy Thanksgiving weekend.

-Jerry