Here are the basics:
1. You must be registered to vote in order to apply for an absentee ballot.
- Registration applications are available at city hall or online.
- A drivers license and proof of your current address is required when you register. Proof can be a lease, electric bill, tax bill, etc. Junk mail will not be accepted.
3. Ballots cannot be taken out of City Hall. Voters can either vote in house, or have their ballot mailed to them.
4. Thursday, March 31, 2011 is the last day that ballots can be mailed to voters.
- This helps to ensures City Hall will receive the completed ballot in a timely manner.
- If the ballot is not received by the end of the election on April 5, the vote cannot be counted.
- Voters may vote by absentee ballot in person at City Hall until 4:30 p.m. on April 4, 2011.
Polls will be open on April 5th from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Voting will take place in the Council Chambers located on the lowest level of the Shaw Municipal Building, 430 E. High Street.
If voters have any special needs that does not allow them to come inside the Shaw Municipal Building to vote, a registered voter does have the right to request curbside voting. Pollworkers will assist any voter that is unable to come into the polling place on election day.