The schedule is as follows:
- 8 a.m. – Truck arrives with playground equipment and volunteers start organizing and sorting the equipment. Registration for volunteers begins.
- 8:45 a.m. – Welcome, Build Day Kick-Off.
- 9 a.m. – Deploy volunteers and start building.
- 11:30 a.m. – Break teams for lunch in shifts.
- 12:30 p.m. – Back to work for project completion.
- 2 p.m. – Volunteers start moving wood chips into place and cleaning up the site.
- 4:30 p.m. – Conduct safety inspection of completed playground project.
- 5:00 p.m. – Secure site with caution tape / fencing.
The playground will not be able to be used until Monday, August 25, 2014 after the ribbon cutting ceremony at 6 p.m. to allow time for the playground equipment to set.
For additional information contact Inga Cushman, Assistant to the City Administrator, at 608-868-6900 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.