Wednesday, May 20, 2009

An Important Message from Mayor Chesmore

To all the citizens and parents of Milton -
We have been hearing the last few months about the heroin problem within our city and surrounding cities. After events this past weekend I would be remiss as your mayor if I did not address this scourge on our city. This last weekend we had three of our most precious gifts from God overdose on heroin. I am talking about our children the future of our city and our very existence. I am asking parents to please talk to your children and listen to what they have to say. And children listen to your parents and don't be afraid to talk to them about this subject. As a community we must drive this disease from our city to protect our city and our children. Our Police Department is working day and night to protect our city and our children. But they cannot do this alone and they need help from everyone in our city to drive this evil from our community. I have talked to the police chief and let him know I consider this a top priority. He agreed that this is also one of his top priorities . So citizens of Milton please rise up and help us drive this cancer from within our city. I know you are up to the challenge.

Thank you,
Mayor Chesmore

Also, check out a news story aired on May 20th on NBC 15 by following this link: www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/45558502.html.