- Officer of the Year: School Resource Officer Jim Martin-in a compelling nomination submitted by one of his peers, Jim’s work as a SRO has helped continue to evolve this position through proactive programming, and work in truancy prevention. He was promoted to the position at a challenging time, and helped maintain and re-establish the program’s viability as a critical component in our Department’s community policing efforts.
- Community Service Award: Lt. John Conger- For his work in research and development of drug prevention programs and ordinances that included the County’s prescription drug box and working with elected officials in passing an ordinance banning synthetic marijuana in Milton.
- Valor Award: Officer Johnson, Officer Breckling and Lt. Brad Smith: For their rapid response in protecting human life during a hostage situation on Greenman St. in the winter of 2011.
- Commander’s Commendation: Officer Jim Schumacher, for his follow through in solving both a burglary and a complicated prescription drug case at the Middle School, as well as being instrumental in developing the Middle School Resource Officer program.
- Community Partner Award: Rick Mullen of Mercy Health System for his volunteer work as a pharmacist and assisting our agency with sorting the medications turned into our prescription drug box.
- Community Partner Award: All of the staff and volunteers at the Milton Area Youth Center for making their vision of a youth center in Milton a reality in 2011.
The event begins at 7:00pm at the Milton House.