Halloween is another opportunity for us to practice good-sense safety. Here are some safety tips to keep you and your ghost and goblins safe this Halloween:
- Wear a lightly colored costume so you can be seen in the dark.
- Avoid costumes that drag or can be tripped over.
- Be visible by carrying a flashlight and by placing strips of reflective tape on costumes.
- Stay on sidewalk and be respectful. If there are no sidewalks remember to walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Wait until you get home to eat treats. Don’t eat anything that’s not wrapped.
- Trick or Treat in your neighborhood on well-lit streets.
- Trick or Treat with an adult or a group of friends.
- Accept treats at the door – NEVER go into a stranger’s home.
- When driving, slow down and be aware.
- If you do not plan on serving treats this year, remember to turn your porch light out and turn off any decorations to avoid confusion.
By Sergeant Doug Coulter