Here is a note from City Clerk Michelle Ebbert about the upcoming election that will take place on November 6, 2012.
Anyone that has a telephone, a television, newspaper subscription, access to the internet or a multi-media page is well aware of the upcoming Presidential Election. For those of you that haven’t heard – we have an election coming up on Tuesday, November 6th. Voters in the City of Milton are welcome to cast their vote during the voting hours of 7:00 am to 8:00 pm at the Shaw Municipal Center, 430 E. High Street. Photo identification is not required on Election Day.
Voter Registration: Voters must be registered in their municipality to vote. If you have never voted in the City before, consider registering prior to Election Day. While you are certainly welcome to register on Election Day, please keep in mind there may be delays. Past Presidential Elections experienced 250+ new voter registrations on Election Day. Voter registration can be done at any time during regular business hours at Milton City Hall, 430 E. High Street; however, voter registration is not allowed on Monday, November 5th. In order to register, you must provide proof of residence and either a Driver’s License number or the last four digits of your social security number. If you have questions on acceptable forms of identification or proof of residence, please do not hesitate to contact Milton City Hall, 868-6900 ext. 5.
Absentee Voting: If you are unable to vote on Election Day, you may consider Absentee Voting. Absentee voting begins on Monday, October 22nd at Milton City Hall during regular business hours. You do not need to bring identification. If you would rather vote in the comfort of your home, you may request an absentee ballot by mail. To receive a ballot by mail, complete an Absentee Application. City Staff will mail a ballot to your house. You are not allowed to leave Milton City Hall with a ballot. Please be sure to mail your absentee ballot to City Hall prior to Election Day so it can be counted timely.
Quick Election Notes:
- Milton City Hall, 430 E. High Street, second floor.
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Milton City Hall will be open on Friday, November 2nd until 5:00 pm for Voter Registration and Absentee Voting.
- Additional Election Information: https://myvote.wi.gov/
- Voting: Shaw Municipal Center, 430 E. High Street, lower level. Parking is available in the front lot on E. High Street or in the rear lot on Davis Street.
- Absentee voting is not allowed on Monday, November 5th. Voter registration is not allowed on Monday, November 5th.