Monday, April 20, 2009

City Hall on Stilts

I recently returned from a spring break family vacation at Dauphin Island, Alabama. We had a great trip, played in the ocean, and soaked up the warm weather. However, one thing that drew my attention while on the island was the construction of the town hall. While it's hard to tell in the photo above, the town hall is up on stilts (as are many other buildings on the island due to the hurricane potential).

Much like a builder observes other's construction sites and a doctor pays close attention to hospitals, I tend to always notice local government buildings in other communities. It's nice that we don't have to worry about stilting our City Hall here in Milton. Then again, I didn't see any snow-plows zipping around the island. I guess we must take the good with the bad.

I hope everyone else in Milton enjoyed spring break!