Monday, April 20, 2009

Meet City Hall Intern Jeff Endres

Over the past few years the City of Milton has benefited from the work performed by student interns form area universities. In "Milton Matters" I plan to profile them from time to time.

This post will profile Jeff Endres. Jeff is studying Human Resource Management at UW-Whitewater and anticipates graduation this May. Jeff went to Middleton High School, and has been serving an internship with the City since June of 2008. Below, in his own words, is a description of Jeff's internship experience:

"Working with the City of Milton has opened my eyes to everything that goes into making a Municipality function. One thing in particular that I enjoy about my job is that on any given day, I can (and often do) learn something new. As an Administrative Assistant Intern, I help City Hall Staff by answering and directing phone calls, processing water payments, assisting with park rentals, issuing dog/cat licenses, and helping to prepare election material amongst other things. In addition, I also conduct research and work on various projects assigned to me by the City Administrator and/or City Clerk. I would consider these projects to be the most rewarding component of my job because I can often see my research evolve into future City Policies or Procedures. I feel fortunate to have an opportunity to learn about Municipal operations in a City as close knit and community orientated as Milton."

Thanks Jeff! We've also been fortunate to have you as a part of our team. (PS - Hey Jeff, nice tie...)