Friday, March 27, 2009

April 1st Kicks Off "Milton Reads 2009"

I love this photo, which shows so many great people from our great community. As City Administrator I really do consider it a privilege to get to know and befriend so many people in our community. Better yet, I often get to learn about their stories and life adventures. Believe me when I say that there are some great stories behind the faces in this picture!

Speaking of stories, April 1st is the kick-off for the "Milton Reads 2009" campaign and the story is "To Kill a Mockingbird". More information on the campaign was included in my March 12th blog post or just jump over to the Milton Public Library website for details about this program.

The picture above was published in the March 26th edition of the Milton Courier. My kids, Sydney and Sawyer, were so excited to see their picture in the paper for the very first time. They are standing in the lower-right corner of the photo. My wife, Tonya, and I are standing behind them.